Rotaract Club Nicosia Aspelia was established on July 27th 2010 by 15 active and energetic young professionals. We were the first multi-national Rotaract club on the island, with members from six different countries: Cyprus, Greece, Russia, Latvia, Romania, Ukraine, Palestine and India. Currently we have 18 active members and 6 older members ready to become Rotarians. The main goal of our club is the professional development of our members through community service and vocational training. The average age of our members is 26, ranging from 18 to 30, having a variety of professional and academic backgrounds like accounting, banking, design, human resources, medicine, architecture, law, IT, genetics and music.
During the past four years since our chartering, our members have gained valuable experiences in project management, team working, leadership, time management and networking by undertaking challenging and well planned community and vocational projects targeting to help not only the local but also the international community. Aspelia had played a significant role in organizing the Rotaract District 2450 Conference in Cyprus which helped members to develop valuable skills. Furthermore, through their active involvement in the club each member has gained new friends, has access to a big international network of high-calibre young professionals and has already travelled to various destinations in order to attend international Rotary and Rotaract conventions and RYLAs.
Reflecting the exceptional quality of the voluntary services we offer in the local and international community, our club was awarded:
- The first prize at EUCO 2014 for our Mega Twinning Project.
- The “Best Rotaract Club in the District 2450” for the Rotaract year 2011-2012, during the District Conference held in Beirut Lebanon in 2012.
- Peace Through Service Award – Presidential Citation by Rotary International
- and many other district and international awards we received since our inception have empowered us even more to become the change we want to see in our local community.
Meetings are currently held on the 2nd & 4th Tuesday of each month. If you would like to join us in one of our meetings and for more information contact Semeli Kyriacou (email@example.com).
Number of active members: 11
Meeting place: Cafe La Mode, Acropolis
Meeting day: Tuesday 20:00
Year of establishment: 2010
Board of directors:
- Website: http://www.rotaractaspelia.com/
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Rotaract.Club.Nicosia.Aspelia
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/RotaractAspelia
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org