The European Rotaract Information Centre (E.R.I.C.) is a Multi-District Information Organisation (MDIO) serving rotaractors all over Europe.
E.R.I.C. supports 136 districts, in 46 countries reaching more than 20.000 Rotaractors.
According to E.R.I.C. bylaws, the main purpose of E.R.I.C. is to
“…develop international relationships between clubs and members all over Europe by bringing Rotaractors together.
Additionally, the objectives of Rotaract Europe are:
- to exchange information among the represented districts of Rotaract in Europe, the clubs and their members
- to foster international contacts among Rotaractors
- to encourage Rotaractors to work together in international projects”
The member districts are represented in the E.R.I.C. Committee Meetings by Country Representatives.
Additionally, E.R.I.C. has a Board, whose members are elected by the previous year’s Country Representatives.
The E.R.I.C. Representative for Cyprus for 2015 – 2016 is Katerina Menelaou
The E.R.I.C. Committee convenes 3 times a year:
- REM Fall (normally last weekend of September or first one of October)
- REM Winter (normally in Mid January)
- EUCO (normally in end of May / beginning of June).
The exact dates of the REMs and EUCOs are announced well in advance.
During the rest of the year, since the members of the Board and the Country Reps are spread in different countries, most a lot of the work is done via email and Skype.
More information can be found in the E.R.I.C website: http://rotaracteurope.org/
You can also like the facebook page: